To design and build a device that can accurately launch a plastic kinder egg so it will land on a target 2 meters away.
- No single piece of material may exceed 30cm.
- All joints must be glued. • Only two nails and/or screw may be used.
- The base of the device can not be larger than a 8 ½” x 11″ piece of paper.
- The Kinder Egg has to leave your apparatus and you have to launch the egg, not drop it..
- The device base cannot move. • The Kinder Egg must hit the target. It cannot roll onto the target.
- You get 10 attempts at the target, 5 marks for each hit!
- Your project MUST have a trigger device. It will not be marked until it does!
- No compressed air is allowed
- No dowel longer then 3″
Any materials may be used except plastic spoons!Materials found in the shop include:
- Bristol board
|Accuracy tally||/10 shots|
|Each hit is worth 5 marks||/50|
Typed report ( if current mark is under 70)
This final project is worth 30% of the students final mark as required by the Ministry Guidelines. The report part of this activity is due June 23 by noon. There cannot be any extensions. Parents are asked to be aware of this final project and the weight that it carries and encourage their student to stay on top of the work and /or come in for extra time or do some parts at home.