To design and build a rocket to be launched at the end of the unit that will achieve the greatest height.
- The total length of the rocket cannot exceed 46 cm.
- The rocket cannot exceed 150 g in total mass, including the engine.
- The rocket must be fully painted and/ or decorated with a particular theme of your choice.
- Most of the materials for the project will be supplied.
- You must show your calculations of the theoretical height your rocket can achieve prior to the launch.
|weight -(1 mark for every 10 g over)||/5|
|height-(1 mark for every 5mm over)||/5|
|nose cone construction (symmetrical, smooth, fit, aerodynamic shape)||/5|
|tail fins, guide straw (design, square, proper size and placement)||/5|
|matches drawing, correct materials||/15|
|decorations (well painted, smooth finish, personal theme)||/5|
|motor mount (fit, assembly)||/5|
|recovery system (parachute design, sequence of parts)||/5|
|1 mark for every meter obtain obtained up to 100||/50|
|Use the standard Gr. 9 report outline||/100|